Açaí from Sambazon – the little purple berry that saved my health.
This little action packed purple berry called açaí (ah-sigh-ee) is probably the most delicious thing I’ve ever had. Best of all, it’s loaded with powerful antioxidants and healthy omegas. Unless you live near the banks of the Amazon, head to your local grocery store now and pick some up.
We’ve briefly talked about some of my main ingredients. So far we have organic granola, organic creamy peanut butter and now, acai from Sambazon. I know there are other acai options out there but for me, Sambazon tastes the absolute best hands down. Haha, and since I’m a “brand guy” I like it because they sponsor a lot of my favorite surfers.
I had this Acai Antioxidant Superfood from Sambazon the first time when I was living in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA and I was using it as surf fuel. It was giving me a nice little boost before and after a great surf session. A lot of times for breakfast, I’d head over to the epic Sambazon Cafe in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA and get some of this radness. This is how I got hooked. However, it wasn’t until I had to change my diet until I realized the true benefit of adding this full time to my diet. If you can, get over there and get creative with your bowls! If you live no where near Cardiff, no worries, I have a video in queue right now about how I make my acai bowl everyday.
What kind of Acai from Sambazon do I add to my diet? Here are a few of them:
- Original Acai Juice - I always have at least have 3 of the big boy containers in my fridge.
- Protein Acai + Chocolate - but only occasionally.
- Original Rio Blend Smooth Packs - for when I want my bowls nice and thick and a tad chilled.
- Pure Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Packs – for when I don’t want to extra sweetness, good for breakfast since it’s unsweetened.
- Freeze-Dried Acai Powder - this awesomeness goes in my wheat grass shots. It’s also perfect to add to smoothies.
Benefits from adding Sambazon Acai to your diet:
- super rich source of powerful antioxidants
- action packed with healthy omegas
- fatty acid ratio is similar to olive oil, which is considered to be a contributing factor to lower chances of heart disease
- it’s gluten free
- there’s almost no sugar in acai – check out this glycemic index
- and Sambazon uses more actual acai berries than any other acai juice out there
- basically it’s uber good for you
Here soon I’ll be giving away a lot of my fun recipes with acai. I owe my health change to this powerful little purple berry that was grown in the Amazon Rainforest. If you want it to change your health, simply add this berry to your diet. Start by just drinking a bit of it. In my next video, my wife is going to show you how to make one of my most favorite meals, the Acai bowl.